Recovery residences are safe, healthy, family-like, substance-free living environments that support individuals in recovery from substance use disorder . The degree of monitoring and regulation in recovery residences varies widely from setting to setting. Given that recovery residences do not provide treatment, state regulations applicable to addiction treatment do not apply to them. That said, there are some umbrella organizations that promote quality assurance and oversight at recovery residences; they may even offer formal certification for residences that meet and adhere to these guidelines.
These could be an indicator that the referral might not be in your best interest but rather benefits the person providing the referral. Ideally, you will enter a place with clear boundaries, financial transparency, uniformly applied rules, and fair and respectful treatment of residents. VARRpresents a collaborative voice for recovery residences throughout our Commonwealth and works to ensure that everyone in recovery is able to access programs that offer high quality recovery residences. To give providers and program participants access to high-quality recovery residences in San Diego County region.
Maryland Department of Health
Become certified in operating a recovery residence and access workforce training and resources. We believe all people seeking recovery-based housing should have access to both a safe and accommodating residence where they can live a healthy and rewarding life.
- To establish a research-based, outcomes driven, sustainable impact in the recovery of young adults who are experiencing early episodes of mental illness.
- This report identifies ten specific areas, or guiding principles, that will assist states and federal policy makers in defining and understanding what comprises safe, effective, and legal recovery housing.
- Please wait for your agency/residence operator to create their administrator account.
- This could mean having individuals provide services that should only be conducted by licensed professionals, or promoting staff when they aren’t ready or adequately trained.
- This is part of Project HOME’s Recovery Initiative that will not only transform lives, but entire neighborhoods.
In other words, if you haven’t been to an inpatient treatment program but feel you need a safe alcohol- and drug-free living environment, one of these homes may be an option for you. In contrast to a rating system (e.g. one star versus four-star), the NARR Levels distinguish between types of recovery residences, which differ in the kind and intensity of services and supports they provide. Individuals need various types and levels of support at different stages of recovery.
Abode Program: Hybrid Housing
Level 2 residences have unpaid staff who monitor resident participation in individual and community recovery activities. Student Outreach & Support offers individual support, guidance and referral to helpful resources for all students during critical incidents and difficult situations. WVARR serves as a unified voice advocating for and educating about the recovery residence community in West Virginia. To establish a research-based, outcomes driven, sustainable impact in the recovery of young adults who are experiencing early episodes of mental illness. Of Florida providers to NARR’s Standards ensures availability of recovery orientated housing to meets the needs of persons in recovery. The residences provide apartment-style living, with separate apartments for men and women. Whether in the recovery process for addiction, depression or another illness, patients in the Recovery Residence develop a sense of community and find support as they begin their healing and recovery.
- Oxford Houseis a 47-year old model for democratically self-governing, financially self-supporting recovery residences for individuals with substance use disorders.
- Recovery residences are safe, healthy, family-like, substance-free living environments that support individuals in recovery from substance use disorder .
- Recovery residences are not treatment programs, and although recovery residences may be run by licensed professionals, some may have only a house manager who is in recovery, while others may be solely governed democratically by residents.
- All recovery residences are centered on peer support and a connection to services that promote long-term recovery.
- You can always ask potential homes any questions you have about the way the home is run, as well as staff roles and responsibilities .
- Level II residences are monitored, meaning they have a house manager or senior resident to oversee operations, enforce rules, and help maintain structure.
Our commitment to your sobriety does not end with the completion of our program. We offer many support groups including our Alumni Association which is composed of past members who have successfully completed our program and wish to continue helping others in recovery. Other support includes AA, NA, etc., and groups designed to support the loved ones of those in recovery. This could mean having individuals provide services that should only be conducted by licensed professionals, or promoting staff when they aren’t ready or adequately trained.